Frequently asked questions
1. How do I become a mentee?
If you meet our eligibility requirements, you can proceed to fill out an application form where you will be responded to shortly after.
2. How do I become a mentor?
3. How do you recruit members?
4. How does mentoring take place?
5. Can I meet up with my mentee/mentor?
Mentees and mentors are allowed to meet up, however mentees under 16 must have parental consent (which is given to, and verified by us in the application process). Please contact us for more information.
6. How long should I be mentoring for?
We advise that you complete at least 1 hour of mentoring per week. This can be split up in whichever way you and your mentee decide but it must be recorded by both of you.
7. What happens when I finish sixth form/college?
You can either apply to become a mentor or an ambassador. Alternatively, you can join our BGMP alumni network and/or subscribe to our mailing list.
8. I would like to be a mentor, but I don’t go to a Russell group university.
We will still consider your application, but if it is unsuccessful, you can get involved with BGMP in many other ways. Please contact us for more information.
9. When is your next annual event?
We aim to host an event at least once per year. For details on our next event, please subscribe to our mailing list.
10. What are my duties as a mentor?
As a mentor, you are required to initiate at least one hour of mentoring per week with your mentor. You will be given set duties once you are assigned to a mentee.
11. How do I join the BGMP alumni network?
You must subscribe to our mailing list.